While it may seem to be, termites do not appear suddenly. Usually, termites reside within structures or under the ground, near the structures they're investing, and they can be unnoticed for a long time. Drywood termites dwell within the trees they infest. Subterranean termites live in subterranean termites build nests on the ground, outside of the structures they invade, transporting wood from structure back into their nests, where they nourish their colony members using the earthen tubes they build which are visible through trees or the wall's outside. Invading Asian, as well as Formosan colonies of subterranean termites, could be in the thousands. With such plenty of mouths, Asian and Formosan subterranean termites can be aggressive and devour anything that has cellulose within it, in addition to chewing through wood and plastic substances in order to reach the wood inside structures.
What Exactly Is A Termite Swarm?
It could appear like termites appear suddenly when they're in a swarming state. When mating season is in full swing females with wings, known as alates, begin swarming at dusk during spring, typically after rain, in order to find a mate and begin new colonies. Occasionally, termites will swarm as the colony has grown to the point that it's not manageable anymore and new colonies must be formed in order to sustain the colony.
The sight of termites in your property or workplace could be a sign that termites have invaded trees or stumps within your backyard. This is why eliminating stumps and dead trees off your property is crucial to prevent termites from entering your home. If you notice termites invading your home or abandoned wings on windowsills These are good indicators that termites have invaded your business or home & Termite Treatment is necessary.
The Motives For Termites To Immediately Appear
If you've had the unfortunate feeling of performing your daily garden maintenance only to see something resembling a worm and you're wondering what they're about and the reason they're there.
Answering this query is rather simple. The creatures are referred to as termites. Termites can suddenly show up in your home for a broad variety of reasons.
These might include:
- The termites already resided on the earth, however, were active only when the weather was warm.
- There's a new food source for these animals, such as wood or furniture that you recently brought into your home.
- They discovered a source of water within your home that helped them live.
- The neighbor you live next to is suffering from an infestation of termites. The termites have made their way onto your home
- There are woodpiles scattered on your property.
- Logs and damp wood are in close proximity to your home.
If you've not seen one of these animals within your home, you shouldn't be concerned about it. However should you spot at least one termite per five minutes or so appearing from under an object of wood or another building material like furniture or even trees outside, you'll need to take action to remove these pests.
What Do You Do With The Words That Appear Suddenly?
- Take away Dead Wood to Avoid Termites. Termites often seek out dead wood as they still have cellulose.
- Use Termite Treatment in Your Home.
- Get rid of standing water that attracts termites.
- Trim Trees to Prevent termites from getting into your home.
- Termites can appear suddenly due to a variety of reasons, and we've listed all the information you should be aware of when it happens.
What Do I Do If I Discover Termites In A Roost?
The first thing to confirm is that there are indeed termites. Certain species of ants produce winged adults, and to the untrained eye, they appear exactly like winged termites. If you are a homeowner with an agreement with termites, you should contact the pest control firm immediately to take the appropriate actions. If you don't have a termite agreement then get a few local pest control businesses and ask them to check the home. If your business or home is infested with termites you should consider having the infestation taken care of.
Additional information on termites and treatments can be found on the web:
North Carolina Cooperative Extension publications
NCDA&CS Structural Pest Control publications
We at Pest Control Professionals in Chicago, also suggest conducting an annual inspection of your house to ensure that you don't get caught by surprise when you realize that you've got a termite problem. Contact us today to schedule your annual termite check.